Written by Daryna Logvinova
Recently, more and more tourists visit Mexico. And this is not surprising, because holidays in this country are known for stunning beaches, comfortable hotels, and beautiful nature. One of the most popular destinations in this country is definitely Cancun. In this article, we look at travel tips before your trip to Cancun.
- First of all, tourists who plan to spend most of their time on the beach should definitely use sun protection. In addition, in the summer in Mexico, you can get burned even during a regular walk around the city. The sun here can be very dangerous and ruin your holiday, so it’s best to take care of your skin.
- Many tourists are advised to attend city tours on their own. This is due to the fact that travel services in Cancun are quite expensive. The best option would be to rent a car or hire a car for the whole day. Taxi services for 12-15 hours will cost no more than $ 300. At the same time, the driver will take clients to any attraction of interest. Moreover, it can take you to facilities located outside the city. This option is more likely to appeal to you more than paid excursions.
- As with many cities, the bus is the most popular form of public transport in Cancun. The fare around the city is approximately $ 0.50. You can take the bus literally from the morning until late at night. Please be aware that buses only stop on demand. To stop the bus, you need to raise your hand.
- Where can you go without souvenirs in such a picturesque country like Mexico? It’s better to go to the local market here. The prices in the markets in Mexico are much more attractive than in the malls. In addition, it is best to pay with sellers in national currency. Therefore, prepare for your shopping in advance.
- Do you need a visa to Mexico? Usually, it takes a lot of time and effort to apply for a visa. But to travel to Mexico, you just need to get a permit without additional paperwork. Therefore, for this, the traveler just needs to register on the website of the National Institute for Migration. This procedure takes only a few minutes.
- The entry permit must be printed out and then presented at the airport at check-in. This permit contains all the necessary information about the tourist: the purpose of his trip, passport data, date of issue, and expiration date.
- The Mexican food is quite tasty. Although it is quite possible that it will not suit everyone because of the habit of Mexicans to pepper everything strongly. But here you can try real burrito and salsa sauce. Many dishes are made with hot jalapeno peppers. However, for those who do not like spicy foods, there are many other dishes.
- All the best well-maintained beaches and hotels are gathered in the Hotelier area. For the convenience of tourists, cafes, playgrounds for children, and sun loungers are located right on the coastline. Local beaches with warm white sands are open all year round, and the water here is always transparent turquoise.